MCRC Director's Update January 2024
A welcome to 2024 from Professor Robert Bristow
Hello and a very warm welcome to 2024! I am pleased to be delivering the first in a new format of Director’s Updates to welcome in the new year.
In this update, I discuss:
- The AACR Special Conference on DNA Damage Repair in California, which I co-chaired
- GM Cancer Conference Awards which are now open for categories including Team Science, Early Career Researcher and Innovation Awards
- The valuable meeting we held with delegates from the Prostate Cancer Foundation and John Black Foundation
- Dr Natalie Cook’s £730,000 NIHR Rosetrees Trust Advanced Fellowship for her cancers of unknown primary (CUP) research
- Nomination of the Paterson Building for GM Chamber of Commerce building of the year
Tune in next month for another round up of the month’s activities for the MCRC.