Human Tissue Governance
In addition to collecting samples for research, the MCRC Biobank also houses the Human Tissue Governance Team who look after all the regulatory compliance for use of human tissue in research.
Human Tissue Governance Team
The Human Tissue Governance Team is responsible for ensuring HTA Relevant Material is collected, stored and used appropriately in line with the Human Tissue Act 2004. This includes monitoring activity under the Christie Human Tissue license for Research (Number 30004), including the management of implications and risk.
The Human Tissue Governance Team monitors activity under the license, and ensures documentation for the license is updated. This includes:
- Audit of samples stored under the license
- The creation and maintenance of Human Tissue SOPs
- Providing Human Tissue Training to staff
- Registration of projects using human tissue – when not registered with the Christie R&I team or MCRC Biobank
- Providing guidance for staff to ensure human tissue samples used or stored on site are compliant with the HTA Act 2004
Contact the Human Tissue Governance Team
For all enquiries regarding HTA governance within the MCRC Biobank or wider MCRC, please email the HTA Governance Group at:
About the MCRC Biobank
Established in 2008, the MCRC Biobank has transformed the way biological samples are collected and supplied for ground-breaking cancer research projects within the Manchester Cancer Research Centre and beyond.