Explore our range of useful resources, including brochures, white papers and factsheets.
Training in Manchester brochure
Our Training in Manchester brochure walks you through the different training programmes we provide and highlights why Manchester is the ideal place to start the next phase of your cancer research academic career.
There are numerous outstanding training and development opportunities available through the Manchester Cancer Research Centre and our partner organisations, including:
- Non-Clinical PhD Studentships
- Clinical Research Training Fellowships
‘Why Manchester?’ brochure
This short ‘Why Manchester?’ brochure showcases exactly what Manchester has to offer and gives you a flavour of what life could be like should you decide move to Manchester for work or study, covering:
- Housing – explore the most popular areas to live in Manchester
- Transport – learn about the city’s network of buses, trains and trams
- Entertainment – discover the range of cultural activities on your doorstep
- Sport – learn about Manchester’s rich sporting legacy and world-class facilities
- Food and drink – find out about Manchester’s range of restaurants, cafes, street markets, and food festivals
Cancer Futures magazine
Explore how Manchester’s expertise is combating cancer in more powerful ways than ever
The Cancer Futures magazine contains a set of research stories which give you a snapshot of some of the incredible cancer research activity that our clinicians and scientists within the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health are leading, including:
- Professor Emma Crosbie’s research into the link between Lynch syndrome and womb cancer and how this has changed NICE guidance on testing for the syndrome
- Professor Rob Bristow’s multidisciplinary Team Science approach and how this can transform the cancer research environment
- Professor Kaye Williams’s research which involves exploiting nanotechnologies to better target the delivery of cancer treatments
Radiation Related Research brochure
Our Radiation Related Research brochure summarises our strong and enviable heritage of radiation research in Manchester, including our facilities, expert researchers and training opportunities.
Find out more about:
- Our five radiotherapy-related research themes
- Our world-class researchers and clinicians
- Our world-class facilities, including our Proton Beam Therapy Centre and MR-Linac facility
- Our training opportunities, including PhDs and Master’s courses
On Cancer policy document
In partnership with Policy@Manchester and The University of Manchester, we have developed On Cancer which is our latest exemplar demonstrating team science research carried out in Manchester. It spotlights the evidence on which to base future policy implementations.
From pioneering early detection, and equal access of screening and treatments, to our use of cutting-edge technologies, our one Manchester partnership strives to create a future free from the burden of cancer.
On Cancer not only provides detailed and real-world evidence but also outlines clear policy recommendations that, if implemented, will improve the lives of those living with cancer.
Explore our range of useful infographics, including:
- our international collaborations, partnerships and activities
- the MCRC partnership and our outputs
- the Christie NHS Foundation Trust in numbers